Follow these directions and Your jewelry will look fabulous for years to come.
- Don't let Your jewelry come in contact with lotions, hairspray, cosmetics or perfume. This will stain Your jewelry and make the appearance look dull.
- Some perfumes or lotions have chemicals in them which will tarnish Your jewelry and it might not be possible to polish or clean them later.
- Remove Your jewelry while showering, in water or during sports.
- Remove Your jewelry when exercising, doing housework or gardening
- When undressing, wipe each piece with a clean soft cloth to remove oils and perspiration.
- Store Your jewelry in a fabric-lined box, an organza bag or an airtight plastic bag, separately or individually-wrapped to prevent scratches.
- Silver is a soft metal and can be marred even by a fingernail. The best way to keep silver polished and shiny is to keep it in an airtight bag and store separately to prevent scratching.
- Avoid leaving Your jewelry on Your dresser - always storing in a cool, dry place - for example the organza bag we send with Your purchase or in an airtight plastic bag.
Cleaning your jewelry
- To maintain the original condition of Your silver jewelry, polish Your pieces regularly using a non-abrasive cleaning cloth.
- To clean silver - with no gemstone settings - add a small amount of mild liquid soap to lukewarm water, soak for 2-3 minutes, rinse thoroughly and wipe with a soft cotton cloth. Store in an airtight plastic bag.
- Remember - do not dry silver with paper towels or tissues, always use a soft cotton cloth.
- Avoid abrasive cleaners, detergents and commercial jewelry cleaners "dips"if they are not explicitly stating that they are safe for silver and gemstones. Some stones are very porous and will absorb chemicals.
- Pearls and opals are especially sensitive and should only be handled by a certified jeweler. If pearls come in contact with moisture they may be discolored and can loosen in their setting. Opals are sensitive to temperature changes and changes in moisture.
If unsure, let a professional clean Your jewelry